I have a Nokia 3 with stock Android installed, not rooted. Whenever the phone receives a notification, the screen turns on. I wish to change this, mostly because it drains the battery and causes me to activate the camera in my pocket.
In fact, I would appreciate if the screen only turns on when I press the power button.
Edit As was said in the comments, the Nokia comes with Android 7 (Nougat) installed.
What I have tried so far
- Just for the record, I did browse through the settings of the phone looking for an obvious choice, and could not find any way to turn it off.
- I have tried every possible setting for lockscreen notifications to no avail.
- There is no Ambient display option in the Display section of my settings.
- There is a screensaver option there, but whether it is on or off makes no difference.
- After reading this, I tried using another text message application than the default. That also did not help.