On my MI5, if I touch the fingerprint reader on the home button, the screen turns off. Then for 5-10 seconds nothing happens, and afterwards I can click the ON button, which shows the lock screen once again.
- How can I stop this from happening?
- I don't use the fingerprint reader. Is there a way to disable the reader completely? The only ways I found require either root and fiddling with system files (miui post above, StackExchange question), or applying duct tape.
- This started just now, not after any specific action (didn't update/install/etc)
- I don't have, and never had, any password/pin/drawing/fingerprint - I only slide the lockscreen up to unlock the phone.
- I tried setting a pin, and also pin+fingerprint - same behavior
- I've set "sleep after" to "never"
- Device: Xiaomi MI 5, Android 6.0.1 MXB48T, MIUI Global 8.1|stable 184.108.40.206(MAAMIDI), baseband TH20c1.9-00055, core version 3.18.20-perf-gfacbe79