I installed Bluestacks and I am trying to access files downloaded via Bluestacks but I seem not to find these files (folder is empty). I have also installed ES file explorer . Can anyone provide a good solution on how to access these files ?
There is a nice tutorial explaining how to do this:
As Bluestacks emulates Android, the default download path should be similar i.e.
Using a file explorer e.g ES explorer, browse the file structure until you come across the root folder, from there try locating the above path.
Now Bluestacks has an integrated Shared folder with Windows in the following paths:
In order to access your downloaded files in Windows explorer, you need to copy the contents of the download folder (
/sdcard/Download) to the Bluestacks Shared folder (
/sdcard/windows/bstsharedfolder) using ES file explorer.
Finally access the downloaded files from the PC via Windows explorer from this path:
Remember to enable the option "Show hidden files and folders" in Windows explorer options
If you are unable to find bstfolder in its default Windows location [
C:\ ProgramData\ BlueStacks\ UserData\ SharedFolder ], you can find their actual location from the Windows Registry.
- Access the Windows Registry by going to Start >> Run and type in “regedit” and hit Enter. This opens up the Registry Editor.
- Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BlueStacks\Guests\Android\SharedFolder. Each of the numeric folders represents a shared folder, and their location is indicated in their Path String values.
You may have to manually set the Bluestacks shared folder in the following way:
- go to
- Create a new key here and rename it to the number following the previous key.
- Inside the newly created key, right-click on the space on the right side and create a new String called “Name” by selecting New >> String. Double-click on it and enter a value.
The value is the name of the folder as seen inside BlueStacks, additionally create a new
DWORDValue by right-clicking on the blank space and selecting New >>
DWORD(32 Bit) Value and rename it as Writable. Right-click on this newly created value and click Modify. Set the Value data field as 1 and select the base as Hexadecimal.
Create another String called “Path” and assign a value of the full path of the directory you want to include inside BlueStacks.
Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Now you will be able to access BlueStacks files from Windows.
As mentioned by Josh Davis if you can't find the path in newer Windows version, navigated to this path instead:
I think your question is
"You are not able to find your downloaded files which you have downloaded over bluestacks"
You can move to this ----
here you will find all your shared data
- First enable hidden files and folder to view program data folder
or you can just send all files to desktop from bluestacks to view all your files and other stuff
hope this will help you...
Use the Media Manager to transfer files from Bluestacks to Windows. Here are the steps.
- Click on My Apps tab.
- Click on System app.
- Click the Media Manager.
- Long left mouse click on the file you want to transfer to Windows.
- At the top click on Export to Windows.
- Select a location in Windows and your file will be saved there.
- In Windows browse to your save location and now you will have the file located there.
My path as of 9/6/2018 in Windows 10 is:
ProgramData is a hidden file in windows 10. In ES File Explorer I go to: