Facebook Messenger displays a huge banner nagging me into sending unsolicited advertisement:
It is a serious drawback of the app because:
- It wastes a lot of screen estate
- It capture the eye's attention, making me less productive
- Sending it would be very creepy in the first place
- The banner is very easy to tap by mistake, it is huge and there is no confirmation
- Clicking the X is not a solution as I would need to do it for thousands of people.
Is there a kind of setting or add-on that removes or at least hides these banners or makes them less easy to tap by mistake? Apparently it is possible on iOS.