How can I root my LG Optimus M MS690 on Metro PCS? I've tried Gingerbreak, Superoneclick, and z4root without luck.
I am not 100% that this is for your device, I can't find anything on the LG Optimus SH, these instructions are for the LG Optimus S (LS670)
Download and install the .net Framework. Part of this utility software is needed by the rooting application. Get the .net Framework here.
The rooting application will also need the Visual C++ 2008 Redistribute Package. You can get this here.
This process will need a Windows PC which runs either Windows Vista or Windows 7.
It is also best to have a fully charged battery before you perform this process.
- Download the rooting application from here.
- Unzip the downloaded file to have access to the main rooting application.
- Download and install the USB driver for the device from here. If you have successfully connected the device to your PC before, you don’t need to do this.
- Enable USB debugging in the Optimus S. To do this, just follow this path Settings > Applications > Development and check the box for USB Debugging.
- Connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
- Open the notifications window on the device and make sure “USB debugging connected” is listed under “Ongoing”.
- Go to the folder where you unzipped the rooting files. Right click on “Gingersnap.exe” and then choose “Run as administrator”.
- Click on the Root button to complete the rooting process. And, if you just came back here to Unroot the Optimus S, then feel free to click the Unroot button.