I have updated my WhatsApp to the latest version (2.18.46) but it crashes as soon as I open it. I don't get any "WhatsApp has stopped working" messages.
Here's what happens:
- I click the icon
- White screen opens, notification bar turns WhatsApp green
- White screen suddenly disappears and I am left with the previous screen
I don't think an instance of WhatsApp is running as I don't get any notifications also. All the messages remain undelivered.
Things I have done:
- Restarted the phone
- Checked network - both WiFi, 3G
- Removed battery, inserted it again, charged till 100%
- Force killed WhatsApp
- Uninstall - reinstall WhatsApp
I don't know what's happening. My OS is Lollipop (5.1) Cyanogen. Everything was working fine. It messed up after the update.