Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 mini [SCH-I435]
OS: Android 4.4.2
When I try to open my browser (Chrome) it auto redirects to us.councilors425qd.top/.... and starts auto downloading "Female for Portuguese (..." [Voice data for text-to-speech]
while throwing up multiple un-closeable popups:
I can't seem to get rid of this issue. I've tried shutting off my device, clearing my data and even reinstalling Chrome. It keeps happening.
(By the way, this all started when I did a google search for "weather forecast Raleigh tomorrow" in my google search widget, which redirected me to Chrome and opened this mess... -_- )
Also, it finally successfully downloaded the "Female for Portuguese(..." voice data for text-to-speech (TTS) file, and now my phone just rattles off Portuguese non-stop. I've now muted my phone.
- How do I get rid of this terrible thing?
- How do I find and delete the Portuguese TTS file???
What else I've tried:
- I've already downloaded and ran Malwarebytes and Norton Antivirus, neither of which found/did anything.
- I've done a search of my files using OIFileManager, but I could not find the TTS file.
- I've checked the download history in Chrome, but it similarly shows no evidence of the TTS file.
Note: Looks like others had this problem in 2014.