This basic question has become increasingly difficult over the past two years.
I have a Samsung with Android 8.0. Amazing, I cannot rely on Calendar to make a tone before an event, and this state of affairs has existed for two phones (S7, S8). The layers of control I see:
- Under "Notifications" in Settings everything is off but Calendar.
- There is a do not disturb function which has a toggle to allow calendar
- events at all times. That is on.
- "Easy Mute" a samsung feature, is off.
- In Accessibility "mute all sounds" is off.
- I make sure calendar events have a notification, as is the default.
However, the notifications still intermittently fail to make a sound, although popups seem to always happen. They are especially likely to fail in the morning. There is a separate "notifications" volume, affected by some of the previous, but not others, which often (but not always) shows off when the issue occurs. The same problem has followed me through two phones (s7, s8). I have reset my entire phone in an attempt to get this working, but the issue remains. I have changed Google accounts in an attempt. No luck.
So, how can I consistently get my calendar audio notifications?