I have two identical* phones (Samsung Galaxy S4 mini), both with TWRP installed. I want to clone one to the other so that all applications, data, settings etc are preserved.
How I did my backup:
- First, I backed up all partitions except Cache to my SD card.
- Then, I copied
/data/media/0to the SD card
- I cloned the SD card to another SD card (both identical hardware) and inserted it into the other phone.
How I tried to restore it:
- Sadly, TWRP didn't show my backup in the restore list
- I then made a backup of the bad phone to generate folder name and replaced its content with the good backup (someone on Reddit suggested that)
- Recovery showed that backup, but the list of partitions was empty
- After this, the folder with the backup was not present on the SD card anymore
Is there a way to make TWRP accept backups from other devices? Are there other ways to create backups but not bound to a single device?
*With identical, I mean hardware-wise. They run different software: The one I want to clone runs vanilla Android, but I flashed its recovery with TWRP by booting into Download mode. On the other one, I additionally used TWRP to install LineageOS as I was told here.