So, my phone screen broke. I can't see anything and touch doesn't work. I have a Motorola Moto G2 running LineageOS 14.1, and TWRP custom recovery.
Until now I have been able to use my phone with Vysor, as I previously had USB debugging activated. However, I accidently deactivated it and now I'm stuck out.
I can access via ADB through recovery and already have investigated how to activate USB debugging again from the shell using these sources:
- How to enable USB Debugging in Android if forgotten pattern for screen-unlock?
- Can I enable USB debugging using adb?
- Broken screen while debug mode was disabled. How can I re-enable adb?
- Enable USB debugging through Clockworkmod with adb
- How can I enable adbd during boot on Cyanogenmod?
- Manually enable adb debugging from recovery
- How to authorize adb service from boot
But none of these solutions have worked for me.
Here's a brief summary of everything I've tried:
- I've set the content of /data/property/persist.sys.usb.config to
- I've edited /data/system/users/0/settings_global.xml, setting
I've added these lines to /system/build.prop:
persist.service.adb.enable=1 persist.service.debuggable=1 persist.sys.usb.config=mtp,adb
I've used the following
setprop persist.service.adb.enable 1 setprop persist.service.debuggable 1 setprop persist.sys.usb.config mtp,adb
But when I reboot, I still can't see my device when I run
Not only that, but then everytime I reboot to TWRP recovery again, I notice that some changes are reversed:
- /data/property/persist.sys.usb.config content only says
- /data/system/users/0/settings_global.xml remains almost intact but
adb_enabledis back to
- When I run
getpropto all of the properties I've setted before using
setprop, it returns an empty string (which makes me suspect that the changes I've been making to /system/build.prop are being completely ignored)
It's as if everytime the phone boots, the system loads some default configuration and reverses some of the changes I've made and USB debugging remains deactivated. Am I missing something? I really not know what else to do.