- Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime
- MIUI 10 v8.8.23 beta by xiaomi.eu
- Android 6.0.1
- Annoyed with Facebook app burning my eyes, and unofficial mobile wrappers being generally slow and annoying to use, I installed a modded Facebook apk, one with black theme.
- It was working perfectly fine, better than any unofficial app I had. The only annoyance was constant "WE DOWNLOADED NEW VERSION UPDATE NOW!!!"
- Meanwhile, I decided to switch from SuperSU root to Magisk, since I've heard a lot of good things about it, and it can hide itself from apps like Pokemon GO which I always wanted to try (turns out PokeGO still detects root, go figure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )
- I disabled AdAway, restored stock build.prop file, unrooted through SuperSU app, updated the ROM and flashed Magisk
- That's when shenanigans started. Tapping the modded Facebook app icon was launching Sesame Shortcuts widget instead.
- I held the icon, uninstalled, and it (seemingly) got rid of both modded Facebook and Sesame Shortcuts.
- Here's where shit gets real. I tried installing:
- Official Facebook app from Playstore (error 505)
- Current Facebook app from apk (error parsing the package)
- Older version of the Facebook app from apk (error parsing the package)
- The modded, dark version Facebook app from apk (error parsing the package)
- Facebook Lite from Playstore (error 505)
- Of course, I tried a few methods to solve it, which didn't work:
- SD Maid complete scan and clean
- Cleaning Playstore and Play Services files
- Uninstalling Playstore updates and updating it
- Switching Google account
- Wiping Downloads Manager files
- Restarting the phone
- Using Solid Explorer with root permissions to look for any leftovers and deleting them (two empty
com.facebook.katanafolders was all there was
- At this point, I haven't tried (and would rather not try):
- Factory reset
- Reflashing the ROM
I'd be grateful for any help.