Straight to the question:
To solve the issue I think I have two options:
I read on XDA that the 4 files firmwares (service repair firmwares) are needed to fix the phone, but I couldn't find that type of firmware for my model, anyone has any idea how to get those?
Downgrade: I'm on build 6 and there is only one update for build 6 released, that means I can't downgrade my phone to anything. I'd really like to fowngrade to build 5 firmwares, any way around this?
I use my phone very normally, minimal apps, no custom ROM and no root etc.
My phone is in very good condition, no damages, no drops, protective case and screen protector (I take good care of it).
I was watching YouTube then Wi-Fi suddenly disconnected and it just doesn't turn back on, the circle-status-bar icon just keeps rotating right next to the Wi-Fi toggle switch and it says: "Turning Wi-Fi On" (or similar, my phone is not in English).
When I reboot the phone, the wifi state is on (though it's not on) switching Airplane mode does not change Wi-Fi state. Toggling Wi-Fi icon from Quick Lunch menu (Notification Menu) switches the on state of Wi-Fi to off, toggling again, switches it to the "Turning Wi-Fi on" mode.
Here's what I've tried so far with no avail:
- Rebooting phone a couple of times.
- Resetting network settings (+resetting both sim-cards networks)
- Resetting all settings.
- Booting into stock recovery and wiping cache.
- Backing up my data, removing all accounts (to prevent anti-theft lock-down), booting into stock recovery and wiping data (factory reset).
dmesgand I searched for "wifi" in the output, here's the result:
Line 125: [ 1407.084890] I[0:WifiStateMachin: 5871] mif: LNK-TX(16): fc eb 0b 00 07 00 1b 00 0a 50 02 01 c0 ff ff ff Line 347: [ 1445.061702] [0: mc_log: 2225] MobiCore mcd: d01|TZ DB Utils: Wifi UID: 1010 Per user range: 100000 System UID: 1000 Line 518: [ 1447.799328] [3: mc_log: 2225] MobiCore mcd: d01|TZ DB Utils: Wifi UID: 1010 Per user range: 100000 System UID: 1000
- Redid number 5, but this time I removed SD card and both sim cards before factory reset.
- A website suggested to have all Wi-Fi devices turned off, I turned off my router.
- Tried a soft-reset on my phone in those first steps that I forgot to mention, a website said that it is the equivalent of removing the battery and re-plugging it for non-removable battery phones.
- I watched this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2K6AhkN98Y and since I never use bluetooth, I never checked but now I did and it turns out, bluetooth doesn't turn on as well... hardware problem? When I toggle the BT switch, the toggle moves but doesn't change to blue color, when I press back to previous window then go back to BT setting window, the toggle is off.
- My phone already had the latest firmware, so I downloaded the same (latest) firmware from sammobile.com and flashed with AP mode from Odin 3.12.3 and I wiped cache and data (factory reset) from stock recovery.
- Turning BT on from *#7353# (Quick Test Menu) just shows" Bluetooth is being turned on Please Wait..." and it just hangs there.
- Installed TWRP with Odin, and installed a custom ROM https://forum.xda-developers.com/samsung-a-series/development/rom-resurrection-remix-rr-v6-unofficial-t3765542 with TWRP. Wi-Fi doesn't want to turn on.
- I even tried this custom ROM https://forum.xda-developers.com/samsung-a-series/development/rom-advanced-seven-v1-3-t3516980 it still didn't work.
Sources for my troubleshoots: