I have a Blackberry keyone that got updated last week to android 8.1, and after that update I need to open Whatsapp, Facebook Messenger Lite, GMail and other similar apps manually to receive the messages and e-mails which has been sent to me. I have checked the notification settings multiple times, and they are set to on. Regular text messages seems to work however.
So without knowing more it feels like there is some kind of syncronization problem?
These are the steps I've taken so far to try to mitigate the issue:
- I've disabled the battery and data saving features that comes with android, I don't have any third party applications.
- I don't have any notification applications that could interfere
- I've tried using both cellular and wifi to see if there was any difference, which it wasn't
- My whatsapp and messenger notifications are setup properly
- I'm not restricting background data
- I've restarted my phone
- I've checked the native notification settings, all switched to "on"
- Disabled Power Center
- Android version: 8.1
- Security patch level: 1 July 2018
- Build: ABG044
I discovered that while keeping my phone connected to the desktop version of Whatsapp, I'll receive the messages sent to me on Whatsapp.