My V30 is soft-bricked because of power-loss during a system update.
Verizon would charge me a deductible for fixing it under warranty.
- Access recovery
- Access factory reset mode
- Access download / firmware update mode
I can not:
- Boot the device (shows a security warning, see my other question)
- Go into fastboot (I hold vol- while plugging in the cable, does the above thing)
- Factory data reset (from recovery)
- Factory reset (from factory reset mode)
- Asking verizon nicely to help a broke guy under full warranty out
These all failed.
I am very familiar with adb and quite familiar with fastboot. I unlocked bootloaders before, installed custom recoveries, rooted phones, etc. - But the only time I used download mode was in combination with ODIN many years ago.
I found this ROM for my model (VS996) online, but is there any way for me to flash it without a custom recovery or fastboot?
The phone is brand new. I've never used it. It's not unlocked or tampered with or anything like that.
My direct question:
How can I flash a stock ROM on my V30 using Linux when nothing but stock recovery and download mode works? I found this but apart from it looking kinda sketchy, I need something that runs on Linux.