Moto G5 Plus (XT1686 - Boot-loader locked) running on Stock Android 8.1.0 with latest security patch(August 2018) disconnects from Wi-Fi network for no apparent reason. My device is right next to the Wi-Fi Router (Other devices have no issue with connection at the same location) , the Network strength is high. 10 seconds after getting disconnected from the network, it tries to connect back to the network and it works for another 2 minutes before getting disconnected from the network.
This issue occurs randomly (Could not blame/pinpoint certain installed Apps). I booted into Safe mode to check if it happens because of a particular App on my phone. But the issue occurred on Safe mode.Also, I don't think the problem is my Wi-Fi Router(D-Link DIR-600M) because the issue occurs with WiFi Routers at my workplace, Friend's home as well.
I tried every workaround mentioned in the forum here.
- I have turned OFF Turn off WiFi Scanning
- Forget Network, Add it back manually
- Tunnel the network through VPN
- I have factory reset several times hoping to fix the issue but to vain.
- I have reset the Wi-Fi network, changed Router configuration from Auto Channel to a fixed Channel
- I have changed the Router configuration - Security encryption method to WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK
I have no clue as to what is the issue here, I'll be grateful for any Fix / workarounds / Creative solutions. Let me know if you need any more information.