How can one open a file located in a subfolder of the rootfolder, using tasker, in LineageOS 14.1?
My attempts so far have been to:
- Create a new task in tasker.
- Check if tasker has root permission with variable named "root available":
%ROOT. This returns
yes. Therefore, I assume Tasker has root permission.
- create the action: "open file"
- This only allows the accessing the
/storage/of either the internal or external drive.
Therefore, I manually entered the path to the file located in the rootfolder I am trying to access as:
/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.confand ran the task, but it returns the error:
file not found.
So I tried
/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.confand ran the task, but it returns the same error.
- I tried to open the file with fdroid's app:
editor, without opening a file explorer to open the file. But I am unable to pass the file location as an argument to the app
editorwhen I create a task to do it.