I have recently bought a Samsung J8 android phone and encrypted my external sd card with a pin number and now forgot it too. I can't figure out the encryption pin I have set on my sd card and now I have no longer access to the encrypted files.

But trying to open it in HTC 816g the sd card shows files but I can't use it my new Samsung-J8 as it says corrupted sd card. What should i do? Please give two to three solutions as i dont want to loose my years of data on the sd card.

  • Afraid the only way is: put the card in your (old) HTC, attach the HTC to your computer, copy all files from the card to your computer. Then either buy a new card for the new device or have the new device format the card, and copy the files back. – Izzy Jan 6 at 13:01
  • And do not forget to make regular backups. Having only one copy of years of data on a single sd-card is extremely careless. What is the phone gets lost or stolen? – Άνδρας Jan 7 at 1:45

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.