I have a Nokia 8 Sirocco with Android 9 (kernel version 4.4.153-perf+ #1). Since a few weeks ago I noticed that the phone seems to be unable to get its non-GPS based location - e.g. via WiFi locations or cell tower triangulation.
The symptoms are:
- Google Location history is less accurate.
- My shared location only updates for the other persons whenever an app uses GPs (and there is a GPS signal).
- I keep seeing an "Updating your shared location" notification.
- Apps that rely on location services take longer to boot up or be responsive.
- Apps that rely on location services do not work at all without an available GPS signal.
- Location based Smart unlock is not working.
- Location based reminders are not working.
I have checked the following settings under Security & Location » Privacy » Location:
- Under Google Location Accuracy the Improve Location Accuracy is On.
- Under App-level permissions all relevant apps have permission to access the device's location.
- Under Scanning both Wi-Fi scanning and Bluetooth scanning are On.
Is there anything more I could do to get this working properly again?