I've been using Nova Prime for about 5 years, which includes doing at least 10-20 settings backup-and-restore on various devices.
Today I made one another (on my Motorola Moto Z2 Play / Android 8.0 Oreo) and to my extreme surprise I have noticed that all my (restored) contacts widgets have a nasty "main" app (i.e. Contacts) icon overlay over each my contact's photo.
Picture worth thousand words -- before (left) sending Z2 to repair and after getting it back (right):
Analysis so far:
- the problem is only with Contacts; other widgets (Wikipedia and Fancy Widgets in my case) have no "main" app icon overlay,
- happens on both widgets restored from Nova Prime's backup and freshly added,
- happens on Motorola Moto Z2 only (i.e. does not happen on Motorola One),
- happens on Motorola Moto Z2 only this time (starting from this backup restore), since I hadn't this problem for past half year, prior to sending this phone for a repair.
- does anyone else experiences similar problem?
- what is its source: is it caused by recent change to Contacts or Nova Prime?
- is there any workaround or a way to get rid of this nasty little thing?
I am adding a contact-shortcut widget by:
- opening Contacts app (default app under 8.0 Oreo?),
- finding given contact and tapping it to get to details,
- tapping three-dot and selecting Create shortcut from menu.
The only difference that I noticed is that prior to this backup restore (prior to sending my Moto Z2 for a repair and getting it back) and on every other device I am getting shortcut created right after above (right after tapping Create shortcut). While this time and on this Moto Z2 I see some new, additional Add to Home screen window, where I have to tap Add.
I assume (given above) that the problem's source is Nova Prime, not Contacts app.
I am using Motorola Moto Z2 Play (XT-1710-09) with Nova Prime 6.0 on board Android 8.0 Oreo.