Ok, basically, what I want, is to provide Android phone to child, locked by passcode (or gesture), and allow the child to call parents (two numbers) from locked device.
My current available target device is SDK 22, Android 5.1, but I will not limit the answers to this target.
What is not correct answer:
- something along the lines of setting ICE info, this won't allow to call, just to display ICE phone numbers
- modifying the SIM card data, as this is not possible generally and not available in my case
- solutions requiring ROOTing the device, as this is not possible in my case
- solutions using CALL_PRIVILEGED, as this permission is protected and not achievable without ROOTing the device or having custom ROM
- Solutions using Samsung or other proprietary emergency dialers, as the devices I target, do not use any such measure, and look like this
What I've tried to do is
- Creating custom notification intent on the lockscreen, which would use ACTION_CALL intent and
- this is not working solution, as CALL_PHONE requires unlocking the device
- Creating custom notification intent on the lockscreen, which would send out SMS to pre-defined numbers
- this works, however it might be pricey, and I consider this the last resort option
- this also does/might not resolve the
emergencycases, child might got into, because the reaction time depends on parents having the phone volume up and calling back right-away