Ive tried lots of things to get an external wifi card to power on but no luck so far. These are the things i have tied:
- Rooted the 6p (via supersu)
- Downgraded os to 7.1.1 (Nougat) using nethunter-generic-arm64-kalifs-full-rolling-2019.03-13-0514
- Flashed kernel (kernel-nethunter-angler-nougat-2019.03-13-0514) via twrp
- Success with kali chroot
- Installed kali nethunter metapackage
- Successfully updated and upgraded os (apt-update && apt-upgrade)
- Ensured driver installed (apt-get update && apt-get install firmware-atheros)
- Tried multiple OTG connectors
- Tried a y-cable connector with anker power cell to phone to cell to wifi NIC
- Installed Andrax (https://andrax.thecrackertechnology.com/) but had same issue with no power.
- Tried multiple wifi NIC's - with
lsusboutput (see images)
Ive read about modprobe but am unsure about how to use it to fix this issue. Also i have read that i may be to change the os to something else (8.0 nethunter-generic-arm64-kalifs-full-rolling-3.20-20170903-2143)
Any ideas or can someone tell me what version of os and kernel they are using with success with an external wifi NIC.