I cannot get my Xperia XZs phone with Android 8.0 to adopt a new SD card as internal storage. Card is Samsung EVO+ 256GB.
This is what I do:
- Open Settings > Storage
- It shows internal storage (32GB) and portable storage SD card (256B)
- Click the SD card and I see the contents of the card (empty)
- Click the three dots, click Settings for storage
- It shows that 5MB is in use, 256GB free, a bar that shows this info and two buttons for formatting and ejecting.
- Press the formatting button, there is only one option: erasing and formatting
- Click that and it formats as external SD
I don't see no option for formatting as internal storage. What is going wrong here?