I often use
adb shell and other operations such as
adb push and
adb pull over a USB cable.
On Nexus 5 it always worked perfectly. But since I switched to Samsung S10e I have this very surprising problem:
- I open a terminal on my laptop, run
- I type normally in ADB shell (
ls, typing enter, etc), the expected output appears.
- As I continue typing, suddenly my typed character is not shown, as if the USB connection was stuck.
- I have found a strange workaround: When that happens, I open another terminal and run
adb shellin it.
- Immediately, that "unstucks" the first terminal, and the "stucked" characters appear.
- Now I can use the first terminal again, until it gets stuck again.
- When that happens, I type a few characters in the second terminal, and that solves the problem again.
- Inevitably as I repeat the trick several times, the second terminal gets stuck too.
- When that happens, I open a third terminal, and that "unstucks" the first and second terminals.
- Etc. Sometime I need to open a fourth terminal.
This also happens with other ADB commands.
Question: How to investigate the problem? Is there any Android setting that could mitigate or even solve the problem?