I have a smartphone which has no signal at home, and I'm out of ideas on how to pin the problem down. Here are my observations of the problem and what I've done so far:
- There is neither a phone signal nor any internet connectivity (2g, 3g, 4g).
- I had signal and internet connectivity in the past but it stopped working some weeks ago.
- I have only no signal at my home location. If I move location the signal comes back.
Here comes the strange part:
- If I put my sim card into another smartphone, the other smartphone has signal and internet (so I don't think the problem is the sim card or the carrier)
- If I put another sim card (same carrier with same contract) into my smartphone, my smartphone has signal and internet (so I don't think the problem is the phone itself)
How can I move forward to troubleshoot the exact problem from here and eventally resolve it?
My smartphone is a oneplus x. The other smartphone I tried is a oneplus 5t. The carrier is vodafone germany.