I've a rooted phone along with FX File Explorer and Root add-on. I also have the following apps installed on the phone:
- SB Game Hacker
- Game Killer
When trying to modify the values of gold/coins in game, I've come across 3 use cases so far.
- I open the game and note down the current value of coins I have.
- Then I open the SB/GameKiller app and search for that value.
- Then I go back into the game and decrease/increase the coins.
- Back to the SB/GameKiller app and re-scan for the modified value.
- I repeat the process until I'm down to about 5-10 results after which I modify the value in SB/GameKiller app to a value of my liking.
- After this, when I go back into the game, the new value gets reflected
- Case 1 fails (where the final modified value doesn't get reflected in the game).
- So I go to
/data/data/<game package folder>/folder.
- I usually find a
.jsonfile which contains the value of coins/gold.
- I change the value and save the
.jsonfile and go back into the game.
- Case 1 fails and I do not find any
- I try to look for a database folder/file inside the same
/data/data/<game package folder>/path but do not find one
In this case, where can a game be possibly storing this value and fetching it from? It can't be a server because I play the game without being connected to the internet. So my best assumption is that the value is stored locally.