Does someone know how to switch keyboards easily on Xiaomi's Android 9 (as I could do previously on older Android) without having to go everytime into Configuration menus.
To switch between different languages in Gboard (keyboard visible in the screenshot in the question) —
- Long press on the spacebar
(In much older versions of Gboard, you could also switch between different installed keyboards this way, but that feature disappeared long back.)
- Use the language switch key (the globe-like icon on the left of the spacebar)
To switch to another installed keyboard —
- Go to Settings → Additional Settings → Languages & Input → Current Keyboard → Choose Keyboards
- Make sure that the keyboard that you want to use is enabled.
- Now, navigate to any text input and start typing with your current keyboard
- You should see a notification from Android System, that says Choose keyboard
(Note: This notification lasts only until your current keyboard is open, so you have to open the notification panel, without closing the keyboard, to see this notification.)
- Tap on this notification and you should be able to choose your other keyboard in the menu