I have Samsung S10 5G(Qualcomm) device. This device has unlocked bootloader but it is not rooted yet.
I am trying to learn Unpack-Modify-Pack the ROM images.
Currently, I have VZW stock ROM available for this device and I can flash it successfully using Odin3 v3.13.
After flashing this ROM, I have tried to modify system and recovery using
md5 tools available on my Ubuntu 18.
When I have tried to flash different tar files then the result is as following:
Success Attempts: If I will not modify anything and flash the Ap.tar containing any of the following file:
Fail Attempts: If I will just modify the
init.rc file by writing a simple comment at the end of this file and flash the AP.tar containing any of the following file(which contain modified raw image at last level of its folder hierarchy):
- system.img.ext4.lz4 which contains a modified system.img.ext4.
- recovery.img.lz4 which contains a modified system.img.
When Odin3 v3.13 failed to flash the above modified files then it give below errors:
- For AP.tar containing LZ4 file: FAIL! LZ4 is invalid
- The device has no impact of this error and it stay in download mode.
- For AP.tar containing ext4 or img file: FAIL! (Auth)
- In this case the device display Only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed(recovery) or Only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed(system)
Please give your suggestions on:
- This device is secure by Knox from Samsung. Is it causing this error?
- If yes, is there any way to disable it in the VZW zip?
- If no, what is the actual problem and how can I resolve it?