Recently, fingerprint sensor on my Note8 lost phone unlocking ability. How can I troubleshoot this?
Once the phone is unlocked, it still works normally: it...
- identifies already registered fingers (in fingerprint setup section)
- unlocks Samsung Pass
- pulls down and retracts the status bar (this works even in locked mode)
So far I...
- uninstalled all apps which were installed last week
- de-registered all fingerprints (what in turn disabled unlocking via reader) and registered them again
- checked the list of assistance apps, but all items are currently switched off
- there were numerous device restarts during all these experiments – still no success
What else can I try?