The Facebook Messenger app always shows a '1' next to the speech bubble indicating that there is a 'Chat' I haven't read. How can I clear this, or alternatively, find and read this supposedly unread chat?
Inspired by SocMedSean's page of fixes:
- Open Facebook in your desktop web browser (not on mobile)
- Click on the Messenger (speech bubble) icon
- Click on 'Settings' (the cog)
- Click on 'Unread Chats' - this will likely reveal some very old chats that you have never marked as 'read'
- Click on each old chat to mark them as 'read'
- Check back in Messenger to see if there are still unread messages showing