I have answered this very question probably a hundred times in 4 Years.
So instead of wasting time rewriting it all, i made video on how to do it on YouTube.
Instead of just Self Promoting that video as some would see it, Here goes 101.
- Remove Battery or Turn Off the Device
- Go into Memory Test Tab - SPFT
- Tick Whatever Options are Available - Just make sure something is ticked.
- Start the Test and Place your Battery back IN
- Plug your Phone In
- Once the Test Starts, Immediately Stop the Test
- Now Focus on a small Panel in the Bottom Left,
( This info is read from the device when connecting )
- OK, Now sellect EMMC section in the Panel
- Look at EMMC_USER Size in the info
With this info, you can DUMP the Entire device - Or, Split the Dump into Partitions.
DUMPING IS USELESS ON ANDROID 9.0+
ANDROID 9.0+ MANDATES FACTORY SIGNED FIRMWARE ... BACKUPS WONT RESTORE 100%
I CAN RESTORE ONLY - PROJECT TREBLE RELATED PARTITIONS.
OLDER THAN ANDROID 9.0+ DUMPING AND RESTORING IS STILL OK.
DUMPING PRE 9.0+ ( AVB 2.0 )
Open Read Back Tab
Creat a new ReadBack file called EMMC_USER
Set the REGION to EMMC_USER
Set The Start to 0x0
Set the Length to the Size of EMMC_USER in the small panel ( bottom left )
Make Sure Device is Unplugged Prior to Doing any New Action - This is because a Handshake is made on each connection to the preloader, the preloader handshake is only good for One action each connection ( read, write , etc )
Press Start ReadBack
Plug - In device
Wait for 16 GB to download at around 21 MB per second.
Now Dump Preloader
Go ReadBack and Make a new ReadBack of Both EMMC_BOOT0 and EMMC_BOOT1
Sometimes both Partitions are required.
The usual dump length for both is 0x40000
and start is always 0x0 because your dumping the whole thing from 0