I'm using a Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S running Android 2.3.4 as a secondary phone. I used to surf internet until recently without so much hassle (using WiFi, not mobile data). But recently, some strange issue showed up.
I can Google search anything. But when I try to browse certain websites from search results, I get the error "Web page is not available". However, this happens when browsing only some of the websites, including Wikipedia (strangely, when I turn the Extreme mode in the Opera Mini I can browse the website).
I tried force stopping the browsers, cleared their data and cache, even did a reinstall of the two browsers, UC mini and Opera Mini. It is to be noted that I did root the phone sometime ago, but I was able to surf the web with this rooted device before this issue occurred.
The problem persists on other WiFi networks as well so this couldn't be an issue with my network. That said, other devices on the network works fine.