Got a new samsung s10 plus phone and I dont see Gmail notifications. Notifications dont show up anywhere irrespective of being on wifi or phone data.
Things I have done so far :
- Battery optimisation turned off for Gmail
- Adaptive battery - cycled between all available modes.
- Notifications turned on for Gmail (Settings -> Notifications)
- All gmail app notifications turned on within the app (Gmail -> Settings -> Notifications)
- "special access" > optimize battery usage > turn of the gmail app (which I believe is the battery optimisation option anyway)
- S10 settings > Apps > GMail > Mobile Data and enabled "Allow background data usage" and "Allow app while data saver is on"
The phone has the latest software and is up to date. I have followed the discussions on the top 5 google results of "gmail notifications not working on S10 plus" and haven't been able to find a solution. I am hoping I can find some help here.