I'm quite confused about Samsung's "App Power Management" page. There seems to be several overlapping settings:
- Adaptive Battery - Limit battery for apps that you don't use often
- Put apps to sleep - put apps to sleep when they haven't been used for a while
- Sleeping Apps - These apps won't run in the background
- Deep Sleeping Apps - ...will never run in the background...
- Apps that won't be put to sleep
Here's my guess interpretation:
(1) & (2) sound like exactly the same setting. I'm assuming (1) is the stock Android 10 implementation whereas (2) is the custom Samsung version that possibly predates Android 10 and potentially more aggressive? Honestly I'm not sure why they're keeping both.
Same goes for (3) & (4). Both sound the same to me. It looks like again maybe (3) is the original OS setting and (4) is some Samsung thing.
I'm assuming (5) is an exclusion list for apps that won't be picked up by (1) & (2)
None of these settings are related to Doze mode and even putting an app under (5) doesn't disable dozing for that app.
Would love to get more details if you have them.
Edit: Galaxy 20