However, I can't get it to work. I'm using this hub and this keyboard. When I plug the keyboard into the hub, the keyboard's backlight comes on for about a second and then turns off. After that, the keyboard is non-responsive. (No backlight, no caps lock LED, and typing on it doesn't have any effect.)
What do I need to do to make this work?
- The tablet is running Android 9, kernel version 4.4.147.
- The Redragon keyboard works fine on my MacBook Pro.
- I tried the USB-C hub with the Redragon keyboard and charger on my LG G7 ThinQ, and it worked successfully. (Keyboard works, and the phone charges.) The phone is running Android 9, kernel version 4.9.112. I do not have any non-Android devices (Windows, Mac, or Linux) with a USB-C port to test with.
- The charger I'm using with the hub is the same charger that came with the tablet. It is 5 volts, 2 amps. The charger has a USB A port, and connects to the tablet via a USB A to USB C cable.
- The tablet charges when connected directly to the charger. But when I put the hub in between the tablet and the charger, it does not charge. So I should probably get this part working before even worrying about the keyboard.
- If my goal was just to charge and use a keyboard, I know it would probably be easier to just use a Bluetooth keyboard. However, I would like to use other features of the hub, such as plugging in a USB flash drive, or possibly even using the Ethernet port which is built into the hub.