I am trying to root my Google Pixel 3a with Android 10. The bootloader is unlocked. It says so in the dev settings, and I have to go through the warning prompt every time I reboot my device. I am following these instructions for rooting it(using method 2). When I run the fastboot command to flash the patched .img file, it returns:
C:\Users\MyPC\Android>fastboot flash boot_2 magisk_patched.img target reported max download size of 268435456 bytes sending 'boot_2' (30392 KB)... OKAY [ 0.798s] writing 'boot_2'... FAILED (remote: Not allowed to flash (boot_2)) finished. total time: 0.861s
I tried without the "_2" which also does not work. I used
fastboot getvar current-slot to determine which partition is correct.
Things I've tried to troubleshoot:
- Running cmd as Administrator (im using win10)
- Confirmed OEM unlocking is turned on in the dev settings (it is, it says "bootloader is already unlocked"
- Confirmed USB debugging is on
- Disabled "Verify apps over USB" and "Verify bytecode of debuggable
apps" in the dev settings.
- Confirmed file transfer is enabled from my PC and my Phone (it is, I can transfer files back and forth between them)
- Tried a different USB cable