Here is a solution that I found after a lot of research and trial and error.
Disclaimer I don't take any responsibility for your device follow this at your own risk!
- Warning This step will factory reset device (delete all your data) Unlock your bootloader.
- Turn on OEM unlocking and USB Debugging in developer settings.
- On Pc do fastboot flashing unlock. For more info on unlocking please see here.
- Get the firmware for your device using "Rescue and Smart Assistant"
form Lenovo's website. You will need to log in with your Lenovo ID
to be able to
- Install Magisk Manager on your device.
- Get the boot.img from the firmware and copy it onto your device.
- In Magisk Manager click on
Install and select
Select and Patch File then select the boot.img you copied.
- Copy the patched image back to the PC.
- Flash the patched image to the boot partition with fastboot.