....................................Weird name, I know right!
barsent is a simple and free app that lets you set a predefined number in the
options and then any subsequent BarCode scan results will be sent to
that number instantly without any prompts.
The barcode reader by ZXing Team is however required for this app.
Get it here!
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE BARSENT APK (not available on market)
Remember to turn on "install from unknown sources" in your options!
Btw, the app is made by me when I got some spare time and I thought while it may be too simple, it could be helpful to a few people. Your question inspired me to make such an app (lol I know im such a sucker for bounties) ; anyway, it was fun getting this done in the MIT's App-Inventor
The app is not well tested because I did not have much time. If you find bugs or want to request for a feature, maybe we can do it over the
chat here on android stack exchange or via email preferably. Comments are probably not the right way.
A few things I'd like to say
- Its simple and will always be free
- If its slow or crashing, I might not be able to do much really since its made using appinventor, do tell if those things happen though.
- If you don't like this, you can modify or build your own or ask me for features. Also, there could be potentially some apps in the market that does the same in a better way. I simply made this app for fun.
- I don't know if I can support app2sd or crunch the size of the app.. its just appinventor and I didn't include any fancy media into this app.
- There are no obtrusive ads, background services or airpush junk
- Permissions are exaggerated by the appinventor I guess
- Don't hold me responsible for anything
- If you like this, you can upvote this, share it using the small and cute buttons to the left of this post.
- Oh and after installing the app, I recommend scanning the barcode that's above in this post using the app. ;)
- Screen Shots.. maybe later but the app's really ugly in terms of looks. :D
- Exclusively for the stack exchange community! That's why I am posting here!