I installed Lineage OS on my blackview BV 5500 Pro and am facing the "No Service" issue since. There does not seem to be any hardware issue and I've exhausted all the options I could think of.
- Image installed: lineage-17.1-20201012-UNOFFICIAL-treble_a64_bvS
- Build number: treble_a64_bvS-userdebug 10 QQ3A.200805.001 eng.crossg.20201012.051017 test-keys
- Carrier: Ultra mobile
- Phone: Blackview BV 5500 Pro
What I've tried
Here's what I've tried:
- Restarted the phone.
- Activated the Airplane mode, waited, and de-activated it.
- Set the values for data and MMS manually, using the carrier's recommendations.
- Tried to select manually the carrier (more on that below).
- Checked the sim card in a different phone -- it works.
- Enabled the cellular data.
- Allowed roaming.
- Checked the phone with a different OS (it was working just fine before I flashed the OS).
- Made sure my sim card was correctly inserted.
*#06#and checked that my sim had an IMEI / ESN (it does, I actually have two since this phone accepts two sims).
- Tried the other sim slot.
*#*#4636#*#*and checked the information about my phone:
- It does have a IMEI and IMSI,
- I can ran a ping test,
- Radio band is set to automatic,
- Selected GSM / WCDM, LTE only, and other various network types,
- Re-installed Lineage.
- Re-installed Lineage with GApps nano.
Manually select the carrier
When I try to manually select a carrier, I'm faced with cryptic choices ("310830", "311490", "311480", …), and all of them returns an "impossible to connect to this network" error message.
I have the same phone with the same carrier at home, but with the stock rom on it (Android 9, build BV5500Pro_E535_V1.0_20191105V6). If I check in
*#*#4636#*#*, I can see that the Network Mode is set to LTE / UMTS auto (PRL). However, that choice is not available on my phone.
Between the stock rom and Lineage OS, I've tried another rom (
BV5500Pro_EEA_E535_V1.0_20190514V8) to test that I could flash my phone. Could that have messed with the baseband, or something else? My current baseband is