I tried various methods that I can found on the web to get root access, but none of them worked. I do not trust the vendor-provided method of getting root access. Does anyone know a way to get root access on meizu x8?
Disclaimer: I take no responsibility on the steps below. Root at your own risk.
As per Aayush's comment, I would advice you to read up more on rooting. Make sure you understand the ins and outs and the consequences of rooting, nd the possibility of bricking your device, before you attempt to root.
- Install Magisk Manager on your device.
- Copy the boot.img to your device.
- Run Magisk Manager.
- On the right near Magisk click on Install.
- Untick Recovery Mode.
- Click on NEXT.
- Tick the "Select and Patch a File"
- Now select the boot.img file you copied to your device. This will patch the file and save it to you Download folder.
- Copy the patched file to your PC.
- Enable USB debugging and OEM Unlocking in your developer settings.
- Unlock the bootloader (usually this can be done in fastboot by running
fastboot flashing unlock. If this doesn't work google "unlock bootloader" with your device name). This will factory reset your device, you will loose all data.
- Flash the patched boot image file in fastboot
fastboot flash boot <path-to-the-patched=image-file>.
- Reboot your device
- After setting up your device again, install again Magisk Manager on your device. And follow the directions. It will install the Magisk (Note: it will install Magisk not Magisk Manager which you just installed yourself) to your device and you should have root).