Use mobile data for specific WiFi network
- Go to Settings > Connections > WiFi
- Tap and hold your WiFi network name until a menu appears
- Click “Manage Network Settings”
- Make note of your IP Address and Subnet Mask
- Change “IP Settings” from “DHCP” to “Static”
- Remove the IP address from “Gateway” so that “Gateway” is blank.
- DO NOT CHANGE any other settings. Be sure to leave “IP Address” or “Network Prefix Length” alone. The “Router” setting should be
- Save your changes. Android should no longer attempt to connect to Internet through this WiFi network.
Recent versions of Android OS also allow users to force the OS to always use Mobile Data. This is not as ideal as the iOS settings above, so only use as a last resort. You must toggle this setting whenever you DO want to use a WiFi Internet Connection.
always use mobile data
Enable Developer Mode
Go to Settings > System > About Phone
Tap “Build Number” until Developer Mode is enabled
Toggle Mobile Data Setting
Go to Settings > System > Developer Options
Toggle “Mobile Data Always Active”