I'm the founder of a company that deploys Android tablets into a hospital
Making sure our tablets are plugged in is really important to us. When devices get unplugged we alert hospital staff to plug them back in.
Devices are showing up unplugged when they’re plugged in, reducing staff confidence in us.
What we know..
- Patients occasionally unplug cords to charge their phones
- We had a bunch of low quality cords that were falling out. We replaced most of them yesterday
- We’ve observed devices not charging when plugged in: the charging light flicks on, then immediately off after being plugged in
- We have not changed any default battery settings
- The problems have been mostly limited to a couple of devices
- Our MDM solution (Esper) shows us battery level graphs that level off at 60%
.. we suspect that like ‘battery protection mode’ is being enabled automatically somehow
Some (potentially) useful context
- Devices: Lenovo M8s running Android 9
- Devices are in kiosk mode running our single (low battery use) app with screens