Hi since I updated to LineageOs 17.1 I am having storage problems, because the management of the adoptable storage does not work as expected.
The problem: LineageOs migrates constantly data from the sd-card (used as internal storage) to the real internal storage. Somehow the play, and apps like WhatsApp distinct between the internal storage and the adoptable storage and ask me to free space. WhatsApp even stopps working. So I constantly remove apps, but even freeing several GB of data does not help because LineageOs moves more and more data to the internal storage.
What I did to cause the problem:
- Installed LineageOs 17.1 and enabled adb debugging.
- Deleted the old partition table of my sd-card
- used adb shell to format the sd-card with: sm partition disk:179,64 private
- put a lot of data to my phone
- by accident clicked in the options of the internal storage on "migrate data", what is the opposite of what I want. The process terminated with an error because of running out of storage. So maybe it never stopped and some flag is still set somewhere, what causes my problem?
What I tried to solve the problem:
- Rooted the phone with Magisk
- Installed app2sd pro from Bicky Bonick and tried to move apps. This did not help because the app seems to be targeted to an environment with a portable and non-adoptable sd-card storage? Clicking on linking apps to the sdcard results in an at this stage not further specified error. I just think this is the wrong way to go?
How can I increase the 16GB internal space available (with LineageOs 17.1) for apps on my phone by using my external 64GB sd-card?
This question might be related to this one.