I've recently been given a free tablet, a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 (SM-T210) and I want to experiment with custom ROMs and related stuff on it.
Since there is no official support for it and it still runs Android 4.4 I decided to do a search on xda and found no non-4.4 ROMs for it. Therefore, and because I heard it is possible to compile Android specifically for my device, I reached out to you for some help...
What information I have available:
- Custom Kernel
- I was able to flash TWRP 184.108.40.206 via Odin
- The 7 inch variant has a Marvell PXA988 SoC (I heard it's more difficult to develop for?)
- Stock ROMs readily available all around the web (multiple regions).
What knowledge I have:
- Experience with flashing Custom ROMs and Recoveries in multiple devices and brands though I have never built my own.
- Know my way around Linux and more specifically Ubuntu.
I really hope that somebody out there is able to help me and tell me if it is possible to create a custom ROM for it. Why noone has compiled a newer version of Android and all custom ROMs out there have 4.2/4.4 as a base?
Thank you so much in advance!