I recently got an android phone running AOSP Android 5.1 Lollipop. I want to upgrade its software to higher android version, probably 9.0 as per the phone's capacity. But for that, I need treble support in the phone. And for that, I need to create a vendor partition. Here is a tutorial I found on XDA. Link

This guide is focused on MI3/MI4 devices and the resource ROM mentioned in it is also for MI3/MI4 devices. I think they may not work on my phone. The phone with me is of Micromax Canvas model. So please guide me through this. Thanks.

  • You can't make a device support treble by simply creating a vendor partition. Better search for the newest custom ROM for your device and use that.
    – Robert
    Commented May 26, 2021 at 9:55
  • No new ROM available for this model. But even if I can't support treble by creating a vendor partition, please tell me how to create a vendor partition. And if the above method is applicable for other devices too.
    – VD-Flash
    Commented May 26, 2021 at 10:04
  • Please read including all comments. Working on the partition table is the easiest way to brick your device: android.stackexchange.com/questions/237263/…
    – Robert
    Commented May 26, 2021 at 10:22
  • Looks serious. Thanks for all these resources. I will try my best not to do it.
    – VD-Flash
    Commented May 26, 2021 at 10:33
  • 1
    Be aware that stock ROM and flash tool might not be enough to restore a device bricked due to partitioning went wrong: Can I flash Android on device with overwritten mmcblk0?. Commented May 28, 2021 at 21:01


You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .