My calendar is full of facebook friend birthdays! and worse, they are listed under "My Calendar", not Facebook calendar, so I can't hide them by unchecking Facebook in Calendar, Settings > Calendars. Even thouh they are listed under My Calendar, they still have facebook logos on the entry and a sync logo. I tried by turning off the sync option, but they are still there. How can I remove them from my calendars, and add them to the "facebook" calendar?
This was reported in the Android Central forum here with a link to LifeHacker. It sounds like it will allow you to sync your Facbook calendar without the birthdays because you're exporting the events directly from Facebook. First, you may want to undo the sync that you have going on now. Hope it helps.
Quoting the post from Android Central:
just go to your google calendar thats linked with your google account on your phone and then follow this article.
- In Facebook, go to your EVENTS page.
- At the top of that page click EXPORT EVENTS
- You'll get a pop up window with a URL, copy it.
- In Google Cal, on the bottom left you'll see ‘Other Calendars' and below that a link to ADD. Click ADD
- One of the new options you'll be presented with is ADD BY URL, select that
- Paste the URL from Facebook where it asks for it.
and thats it! when your phone calendar syncs with your google calendar, all your facebook events will show up too and no birthdays.