How do I keep my WiFi running when my phone's screen is off and locked?
- The biggest battery drain is my screen usage
- WiFi uses your battery, but not nearly as badly as the screen
- I use my phone to stream audio
- I intentionally turn off my phone's screen to save my phone's battery
- If I'm playing a local file that I previously downloaded, then I have no issues with the audio stopping when my screen is off.
- If I'm streaming audio, then sometime after I turn off my phone's screen, the audio streaming stops (I guess after it locks and the the stream buffer is empty)
- Immediately after I wake my screen, the audio stream resumes. Unlocking the phone is not necessary to resume the audio stream.
I assume, therefore, that my phone is disabling my WiFi sometime after my handset's screen is turned off.
I am running LineageOS 18 (Android 11).
How do I prevent my android device from disabling my WiFi when the screen is off?