Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 lite (SM-T110)
OS: Android 4.2.2
I want to connect the device with my computer. In the developer settings I activate USB Debugging - but nothing happens. There is also no option to select the USB behavior. Even more: Unlike this case, my device doesn't even charge. There's a red cross on the charging-battery icon.
What I tried so far:
- The cable works with other devices (charging and data), so it's not that.
- Factory resetting the device didn't help
- There's a setting to connect media with Kies. But I doubt that would let me us adb for management.
- In recovery mode, there's an option to install programs via adb. When selected, I'm told to install packages with sideload now. But neither adb nor heimdall manage to detect the device.
- My laptop runs gnu/linux, so I don't assume it to be a driver issue.
So now I'm turning to you ¯\(ツ)/¯ Thanks for any pointers*.