My S10 always freezes on startup, because of an update. It just doesn’t reach the end of the loading bar. I know I could wipe the data via recovery, but I want the pictures back at least.
You can go into safe mode in one of two ways.
- Press and hold the Power button until you see the Power Off icon.
- Press and hold the Power Off icon until you see the Safe Mode icon.
- Press on the Safe Mode icon
I can not verify the 2nd method right now as I don't have an S10, but the above is simpler anyway.
- Press and hold the Power button until you see the Samsung Galaxy Logo Screen.
- Release the Power button.
- While the logo is still visible, press and hold the Volume Down button until you see the Safe Mode indicator.
To exit Safe Mode, press on the Power button and restart the phone.