I have a Samsung device. My friend and I were trying out the parental control feature. Even after stopping supervision, it's impossible to uninstall the parental control app and remove its restrictions
Here are some deets:
- I've already tried age verification
- Already stopped the supervision on my friend's phone
- Tried clearing the cache and storage of all Google apps
- Removed myself from the family through Play Store
- Tried resetting all settings, but factory reset is disabled
- Tried disabling parental control as a device admin, it is greyed out
- Unable to boot into safe mode
- Can't enable developer mode (so no ADB)
- Security certificate section is disabled
- Deleting my Google account is not at all an option, it's my primary account
- Tried changing the password of my Google account, and tried to force log out and reset using the Find My Device feature. That didn't work (it says no device registered)
- Tried transferring the app (Family Link) to the SD card, and removing the SD card. Didn't help, it still has restrictions
- Unable to reset the phone through Samsung Find My Device and through Google Find My Phone (both say my phone is not registered)
- On my friend's phone, it says open parental control (by going to Google in Settings) and set it up again to start supervision.
- Another question with a similar problem What to do when "Stop Supervision" does not stop supervision in Google Family Link. As mentioned in the answer, I tried waiting, and it's been more than 24 hours, nothing has happened, the issue still persists
- Tried meddling with my birthday in my Google account, but at some point, it asked me to verify my age through a card, which I did. And the age got verified.
- Tried to install the beta version of Family Link, by signing up through Google Play Store, hopping the beta has resolved the issue, but it didn't help
- Tried restarting my phone several times, but to no avail
- Tried hard resetting (through the recovery menu), but the phone won’t go into recovery, it vibrates at a point where it was supposed to go into the recovery menu, and boots normally and the phone turns on
My problem is my phone has become laggy and I'm not able to add Google accounts. Unable to reset my phone. Please help in removing the app Family Link.