There are a lot of very old answers to this question, and they are not helping me.
- I am running MacOS Venture 13.2.1
- I have a Pixel 4a running Android 13 patched to March 2023
- I have Android File Transfer 1.0.12 which is the latest stable version available
- I have never had a Samsung phone so haven't installed Kies.
- When connecting the USB cable I get a notification and can select File transfer/Android Auto
- The same USB cable is working fine with Windows. The USB port on my Mac is working fine with a hard drive.
I am able to connect to the phone using ADB but don't want to use ADB to transfer files all the time when there is a simple GUI that allows this.
I am having the same issue on my Windows computer, so I am wondering if there is some setting on my phone I have missed.
Update - I am able to access files on my phone via Windows fine after all. I see MTP showing up in Devices, and can see my Phone by it's name in File Explorer.
Update 2: I apologise for not giving more detail about what does happen. When I connect my Pixel 4a to my Mac Android File Transfer does not open automatically. When I run it manually, I get a message saying 'No Android device found. The phone detects the connection (hence the USB mode notification, but it seems the Mac does not.